July 15, 2009

Family History : 45th Anniversary

Photo from Argenta Images, the original entrance to the Leper Hospital, Mile 13 Kuching.

Juna's longhouse would have bamboo for flooring in the 1950's (Photo by Sarawakiana)


My father Chang Ta Kang passed away 45 years ago on July 14th 1965 when he was only 56 years old. I was barely 16 and my youngest brother ll months old. My mother had not reached her 40th birthday.

So much could be said - but no words could come easily.
So many tears could be shed - but only the permanent pain in the heart is felt.
So many kinds words for him had been expressed - but today only good memories are imprinted in our minds.
So many years have gone by - but time has been fleeting and waits for no man.
It is a pity that our dear father could not share with us on this earth our growing years and our achievements.
But memories of him and love for him have sustained our family for forty five years.
We have been missing him for 45 years!
And we feel that his light is still shining!

God has been great and merciful.
May his soul rest in peace.

3 comments:

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

I had to skimp through all your posts to confirm who you are. I feel so good.

When your dad died, my parents didn't tell me the circumstances he died. I was very sad, he was such a young man. (I was in tears when I read your post about the BOK SUI, soft drink)

I am more sad that your brother died. He was just a year ahead of me.

Reading your posts, even before I knew for sure it is you, gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. I imagined it was by you. Your posts give me nostalgia of the land I left 35 years ago.

I was in Miri this July for 2 evenings, when I went to Mulu.

Cheers,

Ann

Ensurai said...

Thanks for this touching and warm comment. Finding you is like finding a long lost relative.
Our families have been more close because both our dads "thought" in two languages and were more educated than any one else in Sibu. Both could have been made use of better. But alas they were mainly in the background. And my father died before his time.
May they rest in peace.

Unknown said...

qzz0528
uggs outlet
stuart weitzman shoes
fitflops
uggs outlet
canada goose outlet
givenchy handbags
polo ralph lauren
michael kors outlet
ugg outlet
swarovski outlet

Soh Mien on First Day of Lunar New Year

 Today 10.2.2024 is the first day of the New Lunar Year of the Dragon. Yes I have cooked the chicken and made the soh mien. Happy New Year!!...