September 17, 2009

Happy 60th Birthday to all born in the year of the Ox

I woke up to a beautiful non-hazy day - blue skies and birds singing by my window. The coconut leaves are rustling happily in the wind outside too. My mongrels are happy with their status as guardians of the house and were noisily knocking at the door for their breakfast. It should be a hot sunshine day.

I thought today would be a good day to look at cybercakes for someone's 60th birthday....and look what beautiful cakes I found....lovely cakes of different colours with different flowers. And I continue to amaze myself - I still like those little yellow flowers - whether they are roses or tulips or peach blossoms ....or daisies....

To all my friends and classmates who were born in the Year of the Ox...Happy 60th Birthday! One cake for each decade of your life. Let's eat all the six at one time - cyberly that is.......



Cake I


Cake 2


Cake 3


Cake 4


Cake 5


Cake 6



Happy 60th Birthday! May you always be blessed; with walls for the wind, a roof for the rain, a warm cup of tea/coffee by your side table, laughter to cheer you, those you love near you and all that your heart might desire. (An Old Gaelic blessing)


No comments:

Soh Mien on First Day of Lunar New Year

 Today 10.2.2024 is the first day of the New Lunar Year of the Dragon. Yes I have cooked the chicken and made the soh mien. Happy New Year!!...