March 1, 2010

12 Moons

Just wanted to wish upon the moon for all things good for all my loved ones and relatives this year...good health - prosperity - longevity - harmony- love - and academic success.

Moon gazing is a very great hobby of the traditional Chinese thoroughout the many different dynasties. On Chap Ngo May I spent some 15 minutes to capture these 12 shots in black and white under my coconut tree. Wish it were a willow tree though.

Enjoy these moon shots and my captions.

Normal shot of the moon as it rose for Chap Goh Mei (15th day of the first month of lunar New Year)using a Sony Cybershot. A very spontaneous capture of the moon.

As clouds rolled by....

静夜思 Jìng yè sī

床前明月光, Chuáng qián míng yuè,
疑是地上霜。 Yí shì dì shàng shuāng.
举头望明月, Jŭ tóu wàng míng yuè,
低头思故乡。 Dī tóu sī gù xiāng.

Night Thoughts (by Libai - 李白)

Moonbeams play at  the head of my bed,
And hoar frost on the floor;
  I raised head to gaze at the moon,
 My  head lowered with thoughts of home. (simple translation)




Is the moon overseas brighter than our moon in Sarawak?

I see the moon and the moon sees me....

I thought a heart would be formed by the moving clouds...Almost!!







Don't "cloud" my moon!!

The coconut fronds overshadowing the moon.

This is not new at all : Chinese lovers would usually ask "Are you gazing at the moon as I am doing?" Let the inter-stellar waves connect the love ones.....

May the moon cheer you on always!



6 comments:

Ah Ngao said...

i ever used a powerful telescope to look at the moon on a very clear night..it's a wonderful sight with so many craters

Superman said...

The moon is really bright and round ylast night and tonight. Nice shots of the moon. Not easy to get it.

Ensurai said...

Dear Ah Ngao
I haven't had a chance to see with a telescope. I remember when I was younger many young men would use the telescope to get their girl friends to see the moon with them. I was not in the list....sob sob....no one ever invited me to watch the moon using the telescope.
then later we heard that the US Moon landing was fake...We started having different view points of the moon and moon stories then.

Ensurai said...

Superman
If you have a good camera you would be able to capture better shots.

Mine were simple...I was trying B and W...just to get the shape of the moon and its lights...I was lucky to get the clouds making the moon having different shapes. 12 shots in 15 minutes. My neighbours were wondering why I was under the coconut tree...not another monitor lizard?

Mumble jumble said...

Blue moon, you saw me standin' alone
Without a dream in my heart, without a love of my own
Blue moon, you knew just what I was there for
You heard me sayin' a prayer for
Someone I really could care for..

Ensurai said...

Hi Blue Bird...

Thanks for the free moon....

Soh Mien on First Day of Lunar New Year

 Today 10.2.2024 is the first day of the New Lunar Year of the Dragon. Yes I have cooked the chicken and made the soh mien. Happy New Year!!...