Lunch was at Nanga Silat - which needs a special mention in my blog....and after the lunch we visited the oldest and largest Single Rock in Asia - Bukit Kelam....
|A whole basin of ikan tioman cooked in assam curry.|
|Deep fried chicken and toufoo|
|One of my favourite food - tempe|
|ubi leaves - cooked in Indonesian style|
|raw vegetables for you to choose and eat|
Terrence Temenggong having a beautiful braised Ikan Lais.
The youngest Member of our Cultural Group Anak Bakar
This is my first Ikan Lais...showing off to Sandy
|Second Station (Jesus given His Cross) It was as surprise to meet up with an old school friend Jonathan Barau in this trip. - my school senior. He is one of the officials for the trip.|
|(13th Station)Jesus' body removed from the Cross|
|The last station - The empty tomb!! (This photo is dedicated to my friend Judy Wong)|
|My dear friend Cikgu Virginia believes that this is a good retreat. There are usually 15 stations of the Cross. So a visit here would really help Christians learn more about the sufferings of Jesus Christ.|
Note : (Sourced from Wikipedia) The Stations themselves are usually a series of 14 pictures or sculptures depicting the following scenes:
- Jesus is condemned to death
- Jesus is given his cross
- Jesus falls the first time
- Jesus meets His Mother
- Simon of Cyrene carries the cross
- Veronica wipes the face of Jesus
- Jesus falls the second time
- Jesus meets the daughters of Jerusalem
- Jesus falls the third time
- Jesus is stripped of His garments
- Crucifixion: Jesus is nailed to the cross
- Jesus dies on the cross
- Jesus' body is removed from the cross (Deposition or Lamentation)
- Jesus is laid in the tomb and covered in incense.
Dear friends I believe that you have to go there and see for yourself this place. Peace be unto you.