January 1, 2011

2011

My thought for today.

Each year I looked forward to my desktop copy of the Sarawak Almanac when I was "still in service". Now even as I am several years retired I still need a copy on my desk... Strangely I feel that it is a continuation of a good habit. And I have gotten so used to it after more than 35 years that I feel that something is missing when I don't have a copy. And I hope this year I can still buy a copy in Miri!!

Haven't seen one yet in the bookshops.....I will change the following image when I can get you the 2011 Almanac Image.....cheers!!



Please get one because it is such a good organiser.....and you can read a lot about Sarawak history too.....

Have a great day on the First Day of 2011.

8 comments:

wenn said...

Happy 2011!

Ensurai said...

Hi Wenn

Thanks...Happy 2011...and joy forever to you!

Lee said...

Hi Sarawakiana, here's wishing you and family a very happy new year.
All the best of the year with lots of good health and laughter.
Best regards, Lee.

sintaicharles said...

Happy 2011, Sarawakiana.

Daniel Yiek said...

1.1.11

Ensurai said...

Uncle Lee
Thanks for dropping by even though you are so busy with your writing and thinking!! Love the photos in your blog always..and the sense of humour which permeates into me life post reading!!

Ensurai said...

Charles...thanks and may God bless you abundantly....

Ensurai said...

Daniel
thanks...don't forget there will be 11.1.11...another signficant date. and then 11.11.11 ....I wonder what people would do on that day to mark it.

Soh Mien on First Day of Lunar New Year

 Today 10.2.2024 is the first day of the New Lunar Year of the Dragon. Yes I have cooked the chicken and made the soh mien. Happy New Year!!...