My deep purple blouse....
the Purple colur is considered a royal colour. Queens and Kings have been wearing the colour for centuries to indicate their status and power.
Interesting facts about purple dye:
1. The colour purple came from the Phoecians who had a monopoly of the purple cloth trade in 12th century BC
2. The puple dye used (also known as Tyrian Purple) was obtained by crushing a local sea snail (Murex Brandaris). Some people have estimated it may have taken as many as 10,000 sea snails to dye one toga.
3. Acts 16:14 - Now a certain woman named Lydia heard us. She was a seller of purple from the city of Thyatira, who worshiped God. The Lord opened her heart to heed the things spoken by Paul. [NKJV]
4.; Chinese court officials also wore purple to indicate their positions during the Tang ; Han and Qing dynasties.
|Roman Toga with a Purple Sash...The Toga had a silver lining.|
6. Artists and the colour purple.
Matisse's famous Purple Robe and Anemones
7. Buildings with purple lights
|the sultan Abdul Samad Building is Purple at night.|