August 6, 2010

Wonder Plant at Hawaii Beach of Miri

I am wondering if my friend Greenspot can identify this plant I found in Hawaii Beach in Miri. It is the only plant growing by itself. It has a very interesting seed. And its leaves are pretty.

Tacca leontopetaloides (Bako National Park Borneo by Stephen P. Teo)

Pretty plant and a magnificent stem topped or crowned with flowers and pods.



A stem shooting upwards with a crown of little pods and tiny flowers.
Tiny pods and flowers seem to grow out of a long stem shooting up from a base of leaves.



Close up of flowers and pods.


Leaves of the plant.

4 comments:

Bengbeng said...

curious too what plant this is.. most unusual

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarawakiana!

It is a species of the Tacca. A photo of the plant is in the bako book.

And if you are a Prof., how many marks would you give me so far?

Greenspot

Ensurai said...

Hi Beng Beng'
Greenspot has the answer....

Ensurai said...

Greenspot...
since you have been spot on for me all these while...I have to give you A+....I wish all Malaysians can get high marks like you.

thanks ...

Soh Mien on First Day of Lunar New Year

 Today 10.2.2024 is the first day of the New Lunar Year of the Dragon. Yes I have cooked the chicken and made the soh mien. Happy New Year!!...