April 6, 2012

A Foochow Gentleman in Heng Hua Memorial Garden

My friend and I took some time off to have an evening walk in the Heng Hua Memorial Garden in Sibu. (Seduan Lane 6 near Sungei Merah)

It is a very pleasant garden with quite a long walking path around it. The small river by one side of the garden could be filled with nice water. But it is slightly dried up and one can see the black oil slicks which was not really that pleasant.

The roofed basketball court was actively used by young Jeremy Lins.

There was a brilliant sunset and the golden hour gave me a good opportunity to snap some lovely photos...

There were many different races of people enjoying the evening sunshine and the clean air besides keeping healthy and maintaining good relationships with families and friends.

A young boy even came out with a very expensive dog giving the whole garden a vibrant ambience.

The indoor basket ball court looks nice photographed with the  trees fronting it. Echoes of basketball bouncing off the ring and board could be heard. What is always lovely is the shrieks of joy from the players and shouts of collaboration for passing of ball.


But there was a very eye catching scene right before me...I had the opportunity to STALK a man who was keeping the garden clean. What a nice guy!! There was another man helping to keep the garden clean too but he was rather far away.




There is this man cleaning up the garden rather expertly. If he is only a volunteer cleaner the government must give him a star for his effort!! The time was almost 6 in the evening and sun was catching the leaves turning them golden.


Then I sort of slowly move around to face him to get another shot quietly. When he saw my camera he quickly buttoned up and gave me a good smile allowing me to take a nice photo of him. He said in Foochow "Wear my shirt better!"(Yi reng shun hor la)



Here he is all buttoned up...my Foochow Gentleman in a Heng Hua Garden in Sibu.....

He then continued with his cleaning work.  I thanked him with a wave and a nod. I hope he is delighted by this very captivating photo of him. Next trip back to Sibu I will pass him some prints.

 He is the kind of people our community needs to keep our gardens clean and our spirits up!! And living up to LI or propriety . (from Confucius).We should find ways to thank him and his friend for their good work and setting such good examples.)



Bravo!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It would be interesting if a Foochow is cleaning the Heng Hua Memorial Park!

Young kids should be sent to do more voluntary works. I don't understand why they need to take 9 or 10 subjects, whereas the inside heart is blank.

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

is he really a volunteer and a Foochow?

Ensurai said...

This man is definitely A foochow man...but I have already asked my friend to ask the embarrassing question...is he paid? Hope it solves some mystery..or he might be just a man after my own heart...a volunteer who wants to keep the garden clean..Praise God for such a kind soul!!

Don't know about young parents today. they have their own agenda....some mothers are TOO much of Tigress mother...

Ensurai said...

Ann....mmmmmm..have to find out...I would like to think he is a volunteer...and he spoke Foochow...

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

I check from my Henghua from on Facebook

Ensurai said...

What's your finding?

Soh Mien on First Day of Lunar New Year

 Today 10.2.2024 is the first day of the New Lunar Year of the Dragon. Yes I have cooked the chicken and made the soh mien. Happy New Year!!...