July 2, 2010

Dances in Miri

Ladies Pumps 1219
I wanted my daughter to develop a good poise, and also give her some confidence as a young lady.

So I decided to register both of us for dance lessons in a local club.

A few lessons later, I realized that the coach was a very chavinistic man and teacher who would only teach the better and prettier dancers with special personal attention. And he made a lot of nasty remarks about older and fatter women.

I guess he was really not a man who thought highly of women!  Furthermore, he was quite rude about some of his students who, of course did not understand the language he was speaking in. Some of the ladies from his dialectic group laughed at his jokes. His sacarcasm did not actually make his students do any better as the course developed over the weeks.

The one hour lesson ended quite quickly and we did not really learn much.

I probably knew as much dancing as I started. But my daughter managed to pick up some steps.

One of the loveliest things we ended up with, after some months, was not so much the knowledge about dancing, but the shoes we bought for dancing. At least that was a positive result.

I often wondered why a teacher would make nasty comments about this and that, and he was really a man who never gave positive comments to students he DID NOT know.

When he danced, he was in a world of his own. Perhaps that was the kind of man he was. It was not easy to learn anything from him.

But I learned from him what a TEACHER should not do.
May be I was just a bad dance student.

No comments:

Chang Ta Kang : Council Negri Member

After the handing over of Sarawak to the British Colonial Government, a new Constitution was drafted in 1956. The membership of Council Neg...