August 11, 2010

Moments with P.Ramlee

My friend's son had an accident on the evening of our meeting in this special coffee shop at Am Corp Mall in PJ. I hope that he is recovering speedily. We came back on the next day so we did not have a chance to visit him. The South China Sea separates and yet unites.

Speedy recovery!

I hope Sunny you will one day read this posting. This is for you and your lovely family!!

The meeting was so much more meaningful because we spent time  together and indulge our selves in a place which is full of nostalgia. The kopi susu also brought us back to our younger days when people were confused about our colour and food preferences. Was Dr. S the Chinese who ate pork or C the Malay who should be served halal food? I loved the jokes both of you shared!

The atmosphere of our meeting was made special gracious by this handsome photo of P.Ramlee sitting on top of a vintage cabinet.


Remember this food tray from kampong days?


this is the name of the coffee shop in Am Corp Mall.



A little enclave with a vintage formica table (and those wonder legs!!) . I love this as a child because I could slide into a corner and be away from the public prying eyes.

How wonderful if this radio could play Cliff Richard songs...."Bachelor Boy..." or "I am going on a Summer Holiday...."


Two more cabinets...and an old stove from colonial days....

It was lovely to see friends again....and this coffee shop-cum- museum is just my kind of place!! Cheers to friendship! And God bless those who are keepers of history.


4 comments:

wenn said...

P Ramlee, my favourite. I even wrote abt him for my project work. Btw, I hv a new blog.

Naomi said...

I used to always dream to sit on that kind of seat when I was children.

Ensurai said...

Hi Wenn
'Nice of you to write in. Sure will look at your new blog....Cheers.

Ensurai said...

I know where to find one in Miri....I hope it is still there...Fortuna Coffee Shop...owned by a Foochow!! Let's go there.

Soh Mien on First Day of Lunar New Year

 Today 10.2.2024 is the first day of the New Lunar Year of the Dragon. Yes I have cooked the chicken and made the soh mien. Happy New Year!!...