January 9, 2011

2010 Borneo Dayak Adventure - My Private visit to Chinatown of Pontianak

I had a free and easy day on the last lap of my Dayak Adventure Dec 2010. I took a private taxi (which could not go beyond 60 kmp with a very kind driver)with my friends and took photos . It was a rewarding afternoon except that I was suffering from a bad stomach at the same time. Why should my stomach give way on the last day of our tour!!

Luckily I had some of those wonderful Cap Kit Chit with me .

Here are some photos to share with you. I will let them tell their own stories.

I would like to dedicate this photo to my friend Ah Ngao of Kuching...A special juice shop run by a Chinese in Pontianak.
Chinese seafood restaurant
A typical old style push cycle trishaw (back pedal) Sibu's trishaws are side pedalled.
Mr. Ahau's Special Tio Cio street food. Freezers are full of freshly frozen river fish
A temple to Raja Surya. I believe there is a small school here too.



No comments:

Chang Ta Kang : Council Negri Member

After the handing over of Sarawak to the British Colonial Government, a new Constitution was drafted in 1956. The membership of Council Neg...