March 7, 2012

Splendour in Blue



It was my first visit to the newly completed Masland Church in Sibu after its completion.

I was one of the Miri Grace Methodist Church participants for the 9th Methodist Convention in Sibu on 3-5th June 2009.

The 1500 participants must have been very awed by this blue cross in the front. Many groups came up for group photos at the end of every session.

50 years ago I was a small child attending the Foochow church service with my grandmother in the original Masland Church. Years later the picture of Jesus praying became a kind of Methodist symbol for me. It was the picture which graced the church for many years until it was taken down for renovation.

Today this high tech cross with blue lights have taken the place of the old picture.

My first impression? It was a definitely a Space Odyssey 2009 or Star Trek Moment.



No comments:

Chang Ta Kang : Council Negri Member

After the handing over of Sarawak to the British Colonial Government, a new Constitution was drafted in 1956. The membership of Council Neg...