May 27, 2012

On the Street where I lived before.......Lanang Road Lane 2

I love Lanang Road Lane 2, where we moved to when my mother decided to develop her piece of land in Brooke Drive. We were lucky to get a first floor flat by the river side. We lived there for about 2 years.
No photo description available.

When we lived there, the blocks of shops were just completed and the trees were not even planted by the river side. The Li Hua Hotel was not even a concept. There was a bit of open space in front of the buidling.

At night it was a bit eerie.

No photo description available.
Nowadays this street is really busy especially the coffee shop below our flat. There is a lovely esplanade now along the river bank.
No photo description available.
As I sat at the Esplanade, I imagine my dear Aunt Ern Die ring (Aunt Red Brother) appearing on the right walking towards me. And I can even imagine the nice tailor who used to live one block away from cycling from the town towards me.

And I can imagine my mum standing by the window, looking at the Rajang River.

There were only two street lights then.

The wooden buildings near the river are all gone now.
I
Image may contain: Pro Steve
When you visit a place where you used to live...you wish you can make a movie  with  Zhang Yimou  - made especially for you and your loved ones in sepia...and all these people would still be there for you to embrace the beautiful past.... But now I only have a camera which captures  in the scenes. It is sufficient.

No comments:

Chang Ta Kang : Council Negri Member

After the handing over of Sarawak to the British Colonial Government, a new Constitution was drafted in 1956. The membership of Council Neg...