June 12, 2013

Steamed Minced Pork, Foochow Style


When Foochow mothers could not buy fresh vegetables and meat every day, they would resort to cooking one "express" dish which we could often depend on to give a good appetite to our children.

It is the steamed minced pork, Foochow style.

As children ourselves, we enjoyed the steamed minced pork, and would scrape the bottom of the bowl. We especially enjoyed the sweet sauce of the dish which would go well with our white rice.



No photo description available.


I must say, when I became a mother myself, I did cook this dish at least once a week.

It was a very popular dish with my children.

No comments:

Chang Ta Kang : Council Negri Member

After the handing over of Sarawak to the British Colonial Government, a new Constitution was drafted in 1956. The membership of Council Neg...