August 1, 2013

Sungei Merah : Herbal Egg Soup

The Chinese mugwort is also known as ngia in Foochow. Its scientific name is Artemisia argyi Levl. et Vant. The Chinese name is 艾草 


Artemisia argyi Soft Extract

My paternal grandparents grew a lot of it in their backyard. It was often used as a vegetable to make soup for the family. But once in a while when my grandfather had a cough or a cold, my grand mother Siew would boil the herb with eggs.

This would in no time cure my grandfather's cough.

To many of my relatives whenever a grandmother or mother cooked a whole duck to make soup and added ngia for the whole family, it was an act of love.

Actually many neighbours would come to ask my grandmother for some health advice.

No comments:

Chang Ta Kang : Council Negri Member

After the handing over of Sarawak to the British Colonial Government, a new Constitution was drafted in 1956. The membership of Council Neg...