January 26, 2015

Why I did not go to Kindergarten

Image may contain: 10 people, people smiling

I am the little girl next to Grand Aunty Tiong Ing Lang. Grand Aunt Chang Yuk Ging is seated on the extreme left. Mr. Luk Soon Sing on the extreme right.

I did not go to Kindergarten because my father was working at the Hua Hung Ice Factory and Rice Mill. We moved to Sibu only when I started Primary One.

Because Pulau Kerto was very isolated and underpopulated there was not kindergarten. So my sister and I did not attend Kindergarten.

In the first few months of Primary One I was very left behind. I could not make a circle with my pencil, I could not handle a pencil, I was too scared of the teachers.

Only the gentleness of my Grand Aunt pushed me to go to school because I knew she would be there to check on me at recess time.

My mum did not go to school with me like many of the mothers today. I was dropped off at school by my father and the first few months of my primary one were terrible. I had never seen so many people in my life!!

I had a very bad start for my primary school.

No comments:

Chang Ta Kang : Council Negri Member

After the handing over of Sarawak to the British Colonial Government, a new Constitution was drafted in 1956. The membership of Council Neg...