Her life during the Song Dynasty was carefree and surrounded by books. She was happy to marry a man she loved. She and her husband enjoyed travelling and collecting books. Her poems during this period of her life were exceptionally romantic. After her husband passed away, her poems became sad and full of despondence. Many of her poems refer to very small details of Chinese women's lives. She had a very keen eye for details. To the Tune of Rinsing Silk Stream |
Saddened by the dying spring, I am too weary
to rearrange my hair.
Plum flowers, newly fallen, drift about the courtyard
in the evening wind.
The moon looks pale and light clouds float
to and fro.
Incense lies idle in the jade duck-shaped burner.
The cherry-red bed-curtain is drawn close,
concealing its tassels.
Can tung-hsi horn still ward off the cold?*
Qingzhao (Chinese: 李清照) 1084 – ca 1155/1156, alternatively 1081 – c. 1141, pseudonym Householder of Yi'an (易安居士), was a Chinese writer and poet in the Song dynasty. She is considered as one of the greatest poets in Chinese history.
|
October 12, 2015
Chinese Poetess: Li Qingzhao
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ferry - Labuan - Limbang - Lawas
In 1974 I started my teaching career in SMK Limbang. I had completed my degree and diploma of education in 1973. When I asked for a postin...
-
There are lots of stories involving the Thermos Flask made in China. They are also known as Hot Water Flask, a literal translation from the ...
-
Asians will eat any thing!! Except tables and aeroplanes. I suppose that is true if you really look seriously. And one of my favourite is ...
-
If you are told that this is the kuih or snack that an Iban would be homesick for please believe him or her. Simply made from all ingredie...
No comments:
Post a Comment