April 15, 2016

China Series : Nanjing Road




My father used to tell the family about Shanghai and the Nanjing Road. During his days in Shanghai, Nanjing Road was THE place to be seen. It was a great commercial centre even then in the 1930's.

Recently I visited Shanghai and had a chance not only to walk down Nanjing Road but go to the back lanes to study the life there.

I found amazing images.


I found a barber shop under a stair case and saw the barber doing his job the traditional way. He was kind and courteous to allow me to take his photos.






a


His customer must be enjoying his happy hours !

I saw other peope doing their own work. Very traditional.


There is joy in work. There is no happiness except in the realization that we have accomplished something. Henry Ford

No comments:

Chang Ta Kang : Council Negri Member

After the handing over of Sarawak to the British Colonial Government, a new Constitution was drafted in 1956. The membership of Council Neg...