May 11, 2018

Kapit :Express Boats

Image may contain: sky, outdoor and water

Kapit express boats have a special place in my heart.

After I graduated I worked as a teacher in Kanowit but one day, a man called up my mother, who was rather ill and asked her to pick up some kampong chicken at the wharf addressed to her. Someone from Kapit had sent her seven chickens for her to help nourish her back to health.

Until today, from 1975, we still do not know who sent the chickens.

My third uncle went to fetch the chickens on his bicycle and he asked the express boat more than 10 times to ascertain the recipient of the special gift. He was an honest man.

Praise God for this mystery gift.

No comments:

Chang Ta Kang : Council Negri Member

After the handing over of Sarawak to the British Colonial Government, a new Constitution was drafted in 1956. The membership of Council Neg...