July 18, 2019

Autograph Books

Image may contain: 1 person, smilingImage may contain: 2 people, people standing and outdoor

1969 - I was temporary teacher at the Methodist Secondary School, after my 6th form, my sister and Grace Wiltshire were in Primary Five Class Methodist Primary School.

Everyone in their class started an autograph book for friends to pen a few words.

Grace wanted to bring hers back to the UK as the family was going home after a 10 year mission work in Sibu.

50 years later in 2019, Grace came back to Sarawak to see friends and she brought along her autograph book.

Amazing memories, impressive keepsake.

The John Ting, son of the then Chairman Board of Directors of the School , Temenggong Ting Lik Hung, is now holding the same position. He is a person who loves books, and he loves autograph books. "My sisters collected authographs, but I didn't. I am jealous of my sisters."

Mr. John Ting feted the group to a very sumptious Chinese Luncheon at MPI canteen on 18th July 2019.


No comments:

Chang Ta Kang : Council Negri Member

After the handing over of Sarawak to the British Colonial Government, a new Constitution was drafted in 1956. The membership of Council Neg...