December 8, 2020

My Mother's Painted Enamel Bowl

 


Today is the 100th day after my mother's passing on 3lst August 2020. 

There are so many things which remind me of her, for she was with me for 71 years.

When I see something funny, I want to tell her.
When I hear something unpleasant, I want to pick up the phone and share with her.
When I need her wise comments, I would call her.

She still fills my days....and I can hear her laughter.

I miss her scolding me.
I miss her knowledge.

It was amazing she could maintain enamel bowls so well - they never get cracked. 

Life as exemplified by her - handle everything with care. Be mindful. Be thoughtful. Be careful.

Focus. Manage. She was the ISO controller of our family since the beginning. Think, Act, Do the right thing.

"Don't be afraid, if you are right. God is on your side."



No comments:

Red Eyed Fish, Patin and Empurau

 Red Eyed Fish Baked with Ern Chao My parents enjoyed raising us in Pulau Kerto at the Hua Hong Ice Factory (also rice mill). Dad would fish...