April 20, 2021

Sisterly Love : Kacang Ma

There have been many angels in my life. One of them was a senior police woman who came to introduce me to kacangma, when I gave to my second daughter .

Beautiful motherwort flowers from my backyard.

She had heard that after I gave birth to my first born, I was often not well even though I had a very good confinement. I will always be grateful to my mother and my aunt (Sixth sister Lau) for helping me through the whole month of Foochow confinement. However I started having high blood pressure, lots of anxieties and had to struggle with household chores in spite of my headaches and extra school work. I was fortunate to have my mother and sisters helping me.


I was full of anxieties before my second confinement but this nice angel came. She cooked for me and stayed with me for a day. She taught my mother and the confinement lady how to cook the dish.

Indeed after a week, I was more cheerful and "steady".

I felt stronger too and the after birth bleeding was not long drawn. the midwife commented on my after birth care. My mother was delighted. I did not suffer a long drawn confinement after birth bleeding.

What an angel in uniform. Not long after I was transferred, she was transferred to Kuching and we never met again. Life is often like that. You never meet a particular angel after a few meetings.

God sends us angels to look after us when He is busy elsewhere.

Years later I found the real plant to grow. From time to time I would have one or two plants in my garden. It is a beautiful plant.

And I often cook kacangma for friends and relatives in Miri. It is an awesome dish for young and old too.


No comments:

Chang Ta Kang : Council Negri Member

After the handing over of Sarawak to the British Colonial Government, a new Constitution was drafted in 1956. The membership of Council Neg...