June 15, 2021

Travels : Wun Chieh


This house faced my Tiong ancestral home in Wun Chieh,near Kingsar, Minqing.


The scenery tells you that it is a very hilly area. My cousins now collect bamboo shoots, dry them to sell at a later date, or sell them fresh in the market during the weekends.

Besides their farm provide them enough food throughout the year. Their children are migrant workers, professionals etc who work in the cities throughout China.

It is a lovely place.

In 1901, my great grand father, with two sons, and four of my grand uncles walked all the way to 6Du to meet and followed Wong Nai Siong to Sibu.

My grandmother Siew visited in 1972. My grandfather never went back to China because he was so focussed on raising his family. My great grandfather however did visit Fujian once. 

It took a month by slow boat to reach Minqing, from Sibu.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

https://ca.movies.yahoo.com/drugged-death-hundreds-died-gosport-hospital-given-opioids-without-medical-justification-104102066.html

Soh Mien on First Day of Lunar New Year

 Today 10.2.2024 is the first day of the New Lunar Year of the Dragon. Yes I have cooked the chicken and made the soh mien. Happy New Year!!...