January 1, 2023

Frying Ikan Kembong

 


Theses days ikan kembong cost 
more than RM20.00 a kilo.


They used to be the cheaper fish offered by the local fishermen.

I have always found the ikan kembong to be very sweet and tasty. I like to fry them forto go with my nasi lemak or my blue pea nasi kerabu.

with some added salted eggs and a few slices of cucumber, a meal is set and ready, and probably enough for visitors who may drop by at meal times.

Fish now cost so much that it is impossible to imagine a big family eating fish in large amounts.

We Chinese like to serve fish as fish is an auspicious item in our cuisine. When you have fish, it sounds in our Chinese language that we have a lot of left overs....

May I wish you "enough" in your new year.

This is my first post in 2023.

Happy New Year.

1 comment:

Jay said...

It been so long that I didn't blog3. Happy New Year 2023.

Red Eyed Fish, Patin and Empurau

 Red Eyed Fish Baked with Ern Chao My parents enjoyed raising us in Pulau Kerto at the Hua Hong Ice Factory (also rice mill). Dad would fish...