August 26, 2023

Trivia : Gucci Bags

 Senior Moments to share with my college mates....


I was never a person who looked at Gucci or "any chi" bags...ahem. I could not recognize big brands any way by my 6th Decade. I had been too busy with career and children. Cooking has been my main chore as a wife and mother. Caring for others has also been important in my marriage as I am married into a communal tribal culture.

With so many C's under my belt, I need no more Gucci, Pucci or any other Chi's.

And I often said to myself and my friends that we have a lot better things to do than to go shopping for the latest Gucci bag,

Fake Gucci bags sold in Malaysia. Photo from Google.




One day I saw a grand lady with a Gucci bag and I did not pay attention to her. She was wearing Birkenstock slip ons too. I did not give her another look, so I just look at the floor and started counting the tiles. We were in a long queue along the Five Foot Way.

Then I noticed a familiar face of a driver. He walked up and down and looked at me, seemingly asking me in telepathy, "You cannot recogise me and the lady boss?"

Ah it then dawned on me, I should have recognized the lady with the Gucci bag.

No comments:

Chang Ta Kang : Council Negri Member

After the handing over of Sarawak to the British Colonial Government, a new Constitution was drafted in 1956. The membership of Council Neg...