November 11, 2023

Buah Kundong : Buah Asam Masam


 


This is a sour sweet fruit I used to eat at my grandfather's house in Sg Merah. He had two trees and I and my cousins loved to climb the small tree, and eat the fruits as we sat on the slim branches.


Grandma would shout at us and told us off. If we broke the branches she would break our leg. But we paid no attention to her. We ate as lot but soon some of us would have stomach ache. Strangely some of us would be constipated while some would have some runny stools. I suppose our stomachs were made differently.

But I would remember how much we had eating these fruits. We were such tiny kids in those days. None of us were ever fatty kids.


3 comments:

Stelario said...

Loved your post! Your writing is both informative and captivating. Keep it up and write more!

SugarHouse said...

Thanks for contributing such a well-articulated and informative piece!

Anonymous said...

Buah Kunodng is a wild species of mangosteen - Garcinia parvifolia.

Chang Ta Kang : Council Negri Member

After the handing over of Sarawak to the British Colonial Government, a new Constitution was drafted in 1956. The membership of Council Neg...