July 12, 2009

Beach Crab Artwork




Many people in Sibu have told me how lucky I was to live in Miri. While I agree most people in Sibu feel confined to a mid valley kind of life, with no sea to watch and no beach to walk on, I find myself forgetting I live by the sea most of the time.

I often have to remind myself to take time to walk on the beach, even alone, just to enjoy the blessings God has given to me.

The solitude and the serenity of Luak Bay and the beach provide a lot of time and space for reflection.

These sand pellets are made by sand bubbler crabs (the crabs actually ingest sand and eat the planktons, when the tide is low they surface from their burrows and discard the sand pellets.)





I am thankful that beach crabs find time to entertain me as I walk along the beach. Perhaps I must write a poem to thank them. How patient they are to creat little balls of sand and roll them around.

I often wonder if the Melanaus learned from them how to roll the wet sand and form balls of sago in the ancient days.

No comments:

Chang Ta Kang : Council Negri Member

After the handing over of Sarawak to the British Colonial Government, a new Constitution was drafted in 1956. The membership of Council Neg...