March 25, 2010

Plains People and Bunun Tribe Co-existence


It was a quick trip so I did not really have a good chance to take good photos.
the Bunun people are lovely in their traditional costumes. They sing and dance for us.


I saw this photo in the hotel and it reminds me of all the barbequing Sarawakians do for their festive seasons. 


This is golden dried wood ears. Hope I have translated it well. My fellow travellers bought so much of it.




Nice rice huller.



A mobile hawker. She drives a lovely little van that is opened up.


Salted black beans sold by the lady from the Plains.


"Mountain People or Bunun People. This is similar to our way of calling our Ulu People. As I am from Minqing, the more mountainous region of Fujian, I too am a Mountain People? Right?


Nice Chinese Celery. Very fresh and extremely cheap because they can grow so well in the mountains.

No comments:

Chang Ta Kang : Council Negri Member

After the handing over of Sarawak to the British Colonial Government, a new Constitution was drafted in 1956. The membership of Council Neg...