May 8, 2010

The First Two Methodist Churches in Fuzhou City

The First Methodist Missionaries to Fuzhou built the Chin Seng Tong (Real God Church) on top of Wu Shan. I had the opportunity to climb up to this mountain but it was too hot and my hamstrings were too stiffened from the long walks that I could not go any higher. So my friend Teng Yueh Fang and I stayed in the huge bookstore at the foot of Wu Shan while the others went up. Meng Lei took the monument to this first Church put up inside the new temple which later took over the church properties. It is good that a stone monument has been put up to record its history.


The following night (again due to a leg injury) I was not able to walk to the West Lake (about half an hour's walk). Yueh Fang and I decided to stay back at the hotel to rest. My camera was also not functioning by that hour. So I decided against going. A slight rain was also coming down. Without camera I did not feel like travelling!!

So here is a beautiful night photo by Wong Meng Lei (Methodist Message Chief Editor)of the second church built by the Foreign Methodist Missionaries. This is called the Chin Ang Tong (Real Peace Church) . It is still a functioning church and is a big attractive tourist site too.

I must go back to Fuzhou City again for a good tour of the various night scenes.

No comments:

Chang Ta Kang : Council Negri Member

After the handing over of Sarawak to the British Colonial Government, a new Constitution was drafted in 1956. The membership of Council Neg...