April 19, 2014

Myanmar : Moth Ball Seller

Image may contain: 2 people

Selling Moth Balls in Yangon.

It was interesting to walk along the streets of Yangon. Especially in the market area. That would be my favourite place in any city I visit. I am not interested in shopping malls.

so here is one interesting encounter whichproves my point.

This English speaking Indian guy who wears a singlet and a sarong, wanted to change some Indian currency with me. But I did not have any Indian currency with me.

He told me some interesting facts about Yangon and how he found he could make a living just buy selling moth balls. If he went back to India, he would surely starve to death.

My friend is very amused when he sticks out his red tongue.

No comments:

Chang Ta Kang : Council Negri Member

After the handing over of Sarawak to the British Colonial Government, a new Constitution was drafted in 1956. The membership of Council Neg...