September 23, 2019

Rice sold in open sacks by weight

Image may contain: food

It is our culture to buy rice after choosing the rice by touching, feeling, smelling and looking at the grains.

In a rice shop there are quite a number to choose from and that is good. I love rice being sold in this way, whether the shop is a grain shop, or just a sundry shop. I don't buy rice, if possible, in plastic bags.

I am not being choosey, I am just practising something my mother and my grandmother had taught me.

Smell the rice, feel the rice, and look at the rice. And enjoy the general looks of all the rice in their gunny sacks. It is the culture of our basic food in front of us.

No comments:

Chee Cheong Fun

Miri offers many viuarieties of food as it is not only a resort city but a city wtth diverse cultures, with a big expat commybuty. It boas...