May 16, 2021

Qinghuangdao on May 16th 2018

Three years ago...How time flies.

Now with the Pandemic and we are not allowed to travel freely I can look at some of my notes to see what I have not written about.

It was Wednesday and our chartered coach was not doing well.  We wasted quite a bit of time waiting for a change of vehicle.

We were supposed to have a tour of the Summer Retreat Palace at Chengde but it was difficult so we had a quick tour only.

We visited the Christian Foo Yin church at Qinghuangdao. The Church members were very good because they had to wait so log for us.


They actually prepared a very good meal. The church was fully equipped with a good kitchen and several chefs were in attendance. We left the church quite late in the night.It was the first time I encountered real leeks and their flowers.

the church also had a very good garden, full of roses. The climate here is really good for flower growing. Some of my team mates really wanted to stay longer.

It was also my first time staying in a hotel in China with Russian cultural surroundings. What an experience. But unfortunately we stayed the night only ad did not have the opportunity to enjoy an Russian food.










Memorable. It is a place I wish I could bring my family to visit or have a good holiday.

No comments:

Chang Ta Kang : Council Negri Member

After the handing over of Sarawak to the British Colonial Government, a new Constitution was drafted in 1956. The membership of Council Neg...