July 16, 2019

Seaweed Hung Ngang



Each time I come back to Sibu I must eat a lot of Foochow food, which I miss in Miri.

I would order die bian, dian miang ngu, soh mien, etc.

This time I was at a new shop called LIM TEH by the bank of the Igan River.

One of the stall owners introduced her sea weed hung ngang to me. And I quickly said yes to the suggestion.

I love sea weed and I was not let down. She put so many good things into the soup for me as a special treat.

I was like a "daughter coming home to mother". The stall owner understood. And I was so touched.
That is the kind of welcome Sibu hawkers would give to Sibu people who have lived away from home.....

16th July 2019

No comments:

Chang Ta Kang : Council Negri Member

After the handing over of Sarawak to the British Colonial Government, a new Constitution was drafted in 1956. The membership of Council Neg...